Saturday, September 24, 2011

current event 2


Title of article: Edible Carbon Dioxide Sponge


  Authur:The National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Energy, the Engineering and Physical Sciences.

 


Date written:23th of September 2011







This article talks abut how a year ago in a university the did an experiment for nanostructures, made of sugar, salt and alchohole.Again the same group discover that the  edible compounds can efficiently detect, capture and store carbon dioxide. This is what a scientist said: "We are able to take molecules that are themselves sourced from atmospheric carbon, through photosynthesis, and use them to capture even more carbon dioxide," said Ross S. this group is making non toxic materials and they are cutting in carbon dioxide in emmissons.and another person said "It turns out that a fairly unexpected event occurs when you put that many sugars next to each other in an alkaline environment -- they start reacting with carbon dioxide in a process akin to carbon fixation, which is how sugars are made in the first place," said Jeremiah J. Gassensmith, lead author of the paper and also a postdoctoral fellow in Stoddart's laboratory. "


Yes this current event it is vary understandable and it makes sense on what they are talking abut but I did not make any inquires or after riding abut it because it was simple to understand and clear.

I really enjoy how this article was written and it was ingesting I never saw a thing like this it is the first time I read about it when I saw the title it inspired me and wanted to read it and write about it first I said it is too long then I started riding it and I could not stop reading it. I just feel like riding it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment